Data Center Maintenance Outage – Friday, May 22, 2020, 5 pm through Sunday, May 24, 2020, 5 pm
The Data Center Maintenance Outage website provides detailed information about the outage and services that will be impacted. During the outage, updates will be available at italerts.unm.edu.
Summary of the Planned Maintenance:
WHY: To ensure the reliability and availability of core services to the Campus Community, UNM IT will be replacing the UPS, uninterrupted power source, over Memorial Day weekend. This critical maintenance work mitigates the risk of lengthy unplanned outages related to power disruptions for the data center.
WHEN: The work requires a three-day service outage. Based on planning with key stakeholders, including IT Officers and liaisons, administrative and operational leadership, the outage is planned for the following dates and times:
- Friday, May 22nd, 2020 at 5PM - IT will bring services down.
- Sunday, May 24th, 2020 at 5PM - Services are planned to be up and available.
WHO: Many IT services are delivered through the IT Data Center. Please see the “Services” tab for a listing of services expected to be available and those that are expected to be unavailable. This listing may not include all services hosted through the IT Data Center.
We ask for your help to:
- Identify any critical (life-safety) services that must not be interrupted.
- Identify potential risks of service outages on May 22nd – May 24th.
- Work with your students, faculty, staff, and vendors to make sure service disruptions are well communicated and mitigated, where possible.
- Leverage supplemental communication mechanism to help us keep the campus community involved and well informed.
If you have concerns or want to share information to assist in the maintenance work, please call the Service Desk at 277-5757 and we will get your information or question to the correct team.